This week the Junior Curriculum Review Team will present their recommendations for change. This week’s post includes the Slides Presentation, the supporting document and a link to a reading to support these changes.
Junior Curriculum Review
Blue Sky High
In a recent Set article, Claire Amos wrote Blue Sky High, adapted from one of her blog posts. She outlines 5 Key Recommendations for how schools might change to help students gain the skills they need now and for the future.
- One-to one devices with an open internet
- Spend more time doing less
- Connected Interdisciplinary Learning
- Large-scale long-term project learning
- Homerooms with real academic coaching
Here is a link to the article: Blue Sky High
I saw the documentary last year when it was screened in Wellington last year and if there is another showing I recommend going to see it.
Here is a link to the trailer: